By Mary Cordova, Executive V.P. of Business Development at Concierge Care Advisors
Are you concerned about moving yourself or a loved one into an Assisted Living Community, or an Adult Family home? If so, I’d like to provide you with some information, and from the perspective of a professional in the industry. You should know:
- Caregivers have been educated and trained in response to the Covid-19 virus
- Hospitals have set strict guidelines for senior care staff to follow
- All staff and residents in community living are monitored, and safety precautions have been implemented to keep their residents safe
- Healthy and nutritional meals and snacks, combined with social interaction are regularly provided
- The significance of mental and physical stimulation is emphasized to prevent isolation and ensure seniors thrive
Keeping senior residents physically and mentally active is generally a strong focal point in communities, though they have of course implemented social distancing protocols in order to safely do so now.
Many communities provide outings to events, cultural places, and area attractions, as well as regular weekly and monthly themed events, movie night, game day and other planned activities.
Instead of leaving a loved one in a potentially dangerous situation at home, where they may not be taking their medications, or eating properly, or are at risk of a fall, consider the many benefits of helping them thrive is a safe environment.
Communities are working hard to find creative ways to give families opportunities to see and interact with their loved ones with restrictions. Virtual meetings and separated social areas are being created to allow families to stay involved. Caregivers and facilitators have risen to the new circumstances. They are being creative and working hard to keep residents safe, healthy, happy and keep families involved. The benefit is knowing our senior loved ones are in the right place for the best outcome.
Soon, there will be treatments and a vaccine for COVID 19, and we will put this crisis behind us. We want to assure those of you who worry about both the safety and health of your loved one at home right now can relax and be assured their loved ones will be in caring professional hands in a safe place.