Activities for Seniors in Assisted Living
Senior Living in Seattle: Activity Guide
Simply put, living in Seattle comes with many perks including some amazing activities for seniors in assisted living. Although there are plenty of fast-paced activities for the younger crowd, Seattle is also brimming with incredible cultural opportunities for people of all ages. For seniors who love to learn and stay engaged, the city offers a variety of museums, performing arts, shopping, and world-class dining. With so many options for fun, relaxing, and adventuresome activities, there’s never a shortage of things to do.
For a relaxing and educational stroll, Seattle’s museums are a great way to spend those rainy days inside. Whether you prefer an informative walk through the city’s history or an exciting trip through its culture, there are plenty of options. Take a look at some of Seattle’s best museums below:
- EMP Museum – Dedicated to the ideas of contemporary culture, the Experience Music Project features a range of exhibits, from Jimi Hendrix to science fiction and more.
- Museum of Flight – Featuring aviation exhibits, artifacts, and even full-size aircraft, the Museum of Flight is your destination for things that fly!
- History and Industry – Take a trip down Seattle’s memory lane at MOHAI, featuring a variety of exhibits displaying what shaped this wonderful city.
Sights and Attractions For Seniors in Seattle
You haven’t fully absorbed Seattle life until you’ve seen the fantastic sights the city has to offer. From Ballard Locks to Waterfront Park, there are sights every direction you look. For those who enjoy a good old-fashioned baseball game, check out SafeCo Park, home to the Seattle Mariners. Look below for other sights and attraction in Seattle:
- Woodland Park – With 90 acres of public space and even a zoo, Woodland Park offers a place to picnic, stroll around, and have fun!
- Washington Park Arboretum – Located on the shore of Lake Washington, the arboretum includes botanical gardens, an array of beautiful trees, and a visitor center.
The sights and attractions don’t end here. A casual walk through Seattle may lead you to the infamous Gum Wall, a plethora of additional parks, or even Seattle’s own aquarium!
Dining and Shopping
Life in Seattle wouldn’t be complete without delicious places to dine and interesting shops to search through. You can find fresh produce and unique crafts at the well-known Pike Place Market, with places to shop throughout. For rare oddities and bizarre trinkets, take a look around Ye Olde Curiosity Shop. Here, you’re bound to find something worth taking home.
Get the most out of living in Seattle and explore everything the city has to offer. Whether you spend a day at the zoo or an evening catching a show at the Paramount Theatre, a great time is to be had when you live in Seattle.
Call 1-855-444-7364 to speak with an Advisor
One of our housing advisors would be happy to speak with you and answer any questions and concerns you may have. We can help you find the right solution for your family.
Request a Free Home Safety Assesment
Help your senior live in a home as long as possible.
Get free information about assisted living facilities in your area.
Our free service lets your loved ones enjoy their twilight years.
© 2018 Concierge Care Advisors. All Rights Reserved.