By Donna M.
Pizza has always been a family favorite for us. Who doesn’t love pizza? But when we started the Keto way of eating, we thought our days of eating pizza would be over: until we found this recipe for the Fat Head Pizza Dough. Honestly, I like it better than store bought pizza and my family agrees. The best part is you can make the dough ahead of time and freeze. This makes it really easy to make a quick pizza by just adding your toppings and throwing it into the oven. You will find the recipe below for a standard pepperoni pizza but feel free to make it your own. We have added Canadian bacon, chicken, peppers and many other toppings to customize our pizzas. It will not disappoint.
3 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella (2 cups will be used for dough)
2 TBSP of cream cheese
1 egg (beaten)
3/4 cup almond flour
1/3 cup low carb marinara
1/4 cup sliced pepperoni
Optional seasonings : garlic powder, rosemary or Italian seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 425 F
2. Put 2 cups of mozzarella and the crème cheese in a microwavable bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir and put back in microwave for 30 seconds.
3. Stir the beaten egg, almond flour and optional seasonings into the cheese.
4. Place the dough on a large sheet of parchment paper and top it with another sheet of parchment.
5. Roll the dough out into a 12 inch circle.
6. Remove the top piece of parchment and transfer the dough and bottom piece of parchment to a pizza pan. Poke some holes in the dough with a fork to keep it from bubbling.
7. Bake at 425 degrees F for 8 -10 minutes or until the crust is lightly golden. Continue to poke holes if any areas are bubbling.
8. Flip the pizza crust over and bake for another 3 minutes.
9. Remove crust from oven and spread the marinara over the pizza crust and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Add the pepperoni or topping of your choice.
10. Bake the pizza for another 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is starting to brown.
11. Let cool about 5 minutes before slicing and serving.