By Bobbie Holz, Certified Concierge Care Advisor
The beginning of a New Year ahead is the perfect time to refresh and to set some goals for this upcoming year. Every year after the Holidays most people are ready to start the New Year with new resolutions to guide them to accomplish new (or old) goals, and it’s the perfect time. I’d like to share some ideas to help fulfill the sense of accomplishing a few goals that may be on your agenda:
- Start organizing your life by cleaning out or decluttering your living space. Whether it be your home office full of bills and papers or your spare room that needs tidying up. Cleaning up and reorganizing your things gets you off to a great start to the New Year.
- Schedule an annual checkup with your Primary Care Physician. Make sure to see your doctor if you haven’t been to the doctor in a while. It’s a good thing to have updated notes from your physician in case of an emergency.
- When the New Year comes, many people decide they want to join a gym or start exercising. If you just take little steps to being healthier like eating more fruits and vegetables along with protein, and getting out to take a walk, you’re already on the right track. Start by slowly incorporating walks around the neighborhood and adding in a portion of veggies to your diet.
- Update your will and other essential documents. These documents are very important. Working in the senior care and transition field that Concierge Care Advisors does, these documents can be crucial to making decisions about your health, especially if you are allowing others to make decisions on behalf of you. Having them all updated will put you ahead of the game.
- Reach out to an advisor with Concierge Care Advisors to begin looking into senior living solutions. Whether you are quite ready or not, knowing all about your options and being proactive makes for a smooth transition into a senior living community someday.